Wednesday, May 13, 2009

May in Idaho

I heard on the news we set a record for cold this morning--glad I did not plant my flower garden yet. I saw Phoenix had a 101 day--we are definitely not there yet. We wanted to put our trailer up at Island Park by Memorial Weekend but there may be too much snow still. Earlier this week the jet stream was right over us --we had major winds. I was having a hard time even shutting my car door. On the bright side Neil and I call these kind of days "good teaching weather" i.e. the weather is so bad our students are not dreaming about being outside. I just finished a Renaissance literature unit. I have been grading sonnets and tests for two days; I had some really neat sonnets on a wide variety of topics--dandelions, football, graduation, fishing...I'm also taking an on-line NNU class on learning to be an on-line teacher/facilitator. It is interesting but time consuming--have been staying up late doing homework--reminds me of grad school days. I should update family news...Natalie officially graduates June 1st but technically had enough credits to graduate early in February. She will finish cosmotology school in August. She gave me a wonderful pedicure for Mother's Day. I also went in for a facial--I'm putting that on my every other week to-do list--very relaxing!!! Natalie tended Keeley Monday because she has been sick with ear infection and croup :(--said it definitely made her want to be older before embarking on motherhood. Tyson finished up spring semester at ISU last week. I'm sure he was happy to have finals week over. Neil is getting more movement in his arm/shoulder; he has been really good about doing his therapy and exercises. Well that's the weekly update for the Christensen family; we are all looking forward to summer and some warm weather for a change!

1 comment:

  1. It is WAY hot here now. Glad I do not have to deal with cold and high winds.

    ReplyDelete