Saturday, November 21, 2009

Playing with Grandchildren





Today Neil and I spent a wondeful day with Benjamin, Aisha, and Keeley. We picked them up and showed them all the geese at Snake River Landing. Then we went to our usual duck-feeding spot by the falls. Mallard ducks with the green heads, geese, and seagulls were all happy to eat the sack of bread we brought. Then we moved on to people-feeding and had lunch (kid's meals) at Arctic Circle. They have indoor slides, monkey bars, and a rock-climbing wall that is perfect for when it is freezing outside, and you have grandkids who want to slide and chase! Keeley just watched and studied everything with her big blue eyes--she will be joining the motion crowd soon. At home the kids played with dolls and trucks, Keeley emptied drawers and praticed standing up next to Natalie's big panda. I let the grandkids pick the dinner menu. We had mac and cheese, cheese slices, apples with peanut butter, and blueberry bagels with strawberry topping--a little strange but actually kind of an interesting dinner! It's funny when you have children you love them so much; then when you have grandchildren your heart just grows to love so many more wonderful little people. I have my second eye surgery on Monday, so I probably won't be posting for a few weeks. I hope it goes well. My new lens is wonderful that Dr. Wallace put in two weeks ago.

1 comment:

  1. Mom and I have stopped by your blog again to look at admire the little ones. Very sweet children. :)

    ReplyDelete