Wednesday, November 11, 2009

To See or Not to See....


I had eye surgery on Monday. Dr. Gary Wallace (a wonderful eye surgeon!) removed my damaged lens and put in a new one. He also made two incisions to try to help with my astigmatism. I knew I had not been seeing well, but now I can actually see, the difference is amazing. Try looking through crumply waxed paper, and you will have an idea of my previous vision in the left eye. I have research papers to grade while this is healing, which should be interesting. I have surgery again in two weeks before Thanksgiving Break for some non-working muscles. Hopefully, by Christmas I'll be finished with the latest in my bionic projects. There is so much beauty in the world to see, I'm grateful for modern technology to keep me seeing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment