Thursday, March 19, 2009

Spring Break (Nearly)

I am glad Natalie has been so good about posting to our blog. I have been busy teaching, grading a huge stack of AP Author Study papers, and taking care of Neil. I had a goal to get everything graded before the break--I am going to barely make it. YEAH!!

Neil has therapy three times a week. Fortunately, his brother Wayne is retired and has been his taxi. I'll take over next week since it is spring break. The physical therapist tortures him and moves the arm for him. He is not supposed to, or he will tear out all of his rivits and stitches. This is the first surgery Neil has had since we've been married. Including c-sections I think I've had six. It seems strange to not have him able to do much; it has made me appreciate everything he does and made me realize how much I depend on him. I usually work out in the morning, and he makes our South Beach breakfast. Now I'm the cook, I have a hard time getting up early enough to exercise and get to school on time.

I am so looking forward to the break. Usually, we head to our condo at Bison Ranch near Heber, AZ. (I think that is where Breezy is trekking.) Since Neil has had the surgery, we are just staying home relaxing. Natalie and Stephanie are going to visit Kurtis in Spokane. He is our "other adopted" child that flies in once a year to visit.

Well, guess I'll close for now and get some SLEEP!

1 comment:

  1. Spring break here is nearly over. Breezy might need another week to recuperate from the trek! Arlen has been in Texas....It has been me and the dogs. Enjoy your break next week.

    ReplyDelete