Wednesday, March 25, 2009

"Winter" Break


I just walked out a few minutes ago and took this picture of our house...see my footprints in the snow from the front porch. Three hours ago you could see brown grass but now it is covered. First we had wind, then hail, then snow and more snow. I'm "officially" changing the name of this break to "Winter Break."
I took Neil to shoulder therapy this morning; he came home and tried to recuperate. I went to lunch at Applebees today with my friend Rosalie, who used to teach with me but is now retired. She is the person who hooked me on traveling to Europe. My mom and I did a trip to England together with her and then later a five country trip. She was impressed with my mom's wit and energy and "threatened" to write a book titled Traveling with Shirley through Europe. Rosalie is planning to spend a month in Scotland next summer with her sister Alainna.
I fell in love with Scotland when we (two of my kids, my mom, my sister and her daughter) went there and many places in England two years ago. The people are friendly, and everything is so GREEN. My kids have said they would love to go back.
Tyson would like to go to Italy. He watches the Italian cooking shows and likes Tuscan decor. If it is not a total blizzard, Ty and I are going to Slumdog....tomorrow; he has seen it but says it is worth going again.
We've missed having Natalie and her bubbly personality here this week. I called her yesterday and she has been having fun in Spokane--went to a pizza place where you make your own pizza, a three-story mall, a park near a river, and some place with "the best breakfast food." It sounds like Kurt is being an excellent host, and they are having a good time. Natalie's 18th birthday is tomorrow. It will seem strange not to have her home. She is my "baby"; the child I had when I wasn't supposed to have any more! I'm hoping the weather clears up before Stephanie and she travel home.

1 comment:

  1. No wonder you wanted me to send some warm weather your way! Crazy Idano weather. It is worse in Fargo, ND from what I understand. Tomorrow, they could all be under water from the Red River. It is so cold their millions of sand bags might not absorb the water like they should. Rosalie has a nice plan. If I were to go anyplace for a month, it would be Scotland or the English countryside. They like dogs!

    ReplyDelete