Sunday, June 7, 2009

First Weekend in June

I thought I'd log some notes on the weekend. I spent all day Friday at ISU at a required meeting for adjunct instructors with "fascinating" workshops on Moodle online learning and syllabus requirements. Happily, I did make it home from Pocatello about 6:00 before the big storm with forty-mile-an-hour winds, rain, and hail hit IF --you have to love Idaho weather. I called Lynn and wished him a happy birthday. He had gone to dinner at Texas RH with Renae, Lynn is my oldest brother. He has four children Nick, Jill. Lindsey, and Andrea. I taught all his daughters English at SHS; I did not officially teach Nick, but he came down to my room for English paper advice occasionally. Lynn and I used to play board games for hours when we were young. We built forts at Ucon and even camped out together at Beaver Creek for three days. We had some adventures there; someday I'll write an entire blog on Beaver Creek Camping and Fishing. Saturday I played with mom in the morning--went and bought some more flowers for her yard at Town and Country Gardens and then went to lunch. Later Saturday Benjamin got a one-on-one movie date with his parents for kindergarten graduation; I slipped him some cash for a treat! Neil and I watched Aisha and Keeley. Aisha had her usual fun--Pooh Bear video watching, play dough playing, teasing Papa, dragging around the alphabet centipede Papa bought her, and having Grandma read her twenty books. Keeley liked her new toy with musical sounds and songs. Eventually, it can be a walker toy for her. Aisha did some demonstrating for her, but at running speeds. Keeley fell asleep in my arms after her bottle. There is no sweeter feeling than an innocent grandbaby in your arms. I love being a grandmother; it is absolutely the world's best job!!

No comments:

Post a Comment