Thursday, June 11, 2009

Getting Settled at Island Park

Neil and I spent an interesting day on Wednesday getting our trailer parked. The campground where we rented the lot for the summer has these narrow, windy roads edged with trees. Our truck is a Dodge four-door long box and is about 22 feet long--our trailer is 34 feet. It was scary to try to get it backed into our lot. I drove, and Neil gave minute backing instructions and some how we managed to get it parked without taking out any trees. I love it there--so peaceful. Neil and I went for a long walk Wednesday night and met some nice people that were traveling from their Southern California home to their Montana home. They were just camping for one night. One site that we saw on our walk had firewood piled up six feet, a clotheline, a barbecue, a boat, a Post-Register box, and their name on a wooden plaque nailed to a tree. They were obviously long-termers. We went and visited our good friend Duane at his cabin at Shotgun. He has a beautiful hand-hewn log cabin that he built years ago. He fed us some of his delicious homemade chili. He had his sister Andra, her husband Stephen, and their kids Morgan, Matt, and Emily there visiting from Nevada. They had gone through Yellowstone Park that day, and Emily was excited to tell us about all the animals they had seen. I had the pool to myself today, swam laps for awhile for exercise, and then lazily backfloated. We are going to make sure Aisha comes through surgery OK and then head back up for a couple of days before I have to go to my college class at NNU next week. I also need to take mom to the foot doctor next Thursday; she is thinking of having her feet operated on and just staying with us for the summer and recuperating.

No comments:

Post a Comment