Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Neil's Birthday/Week of June 29th

We came home from Island Park Monday afternoon. I made a quick trip to the store for barbecue supplies and baked two cakes for Neil's birthday. He turned 55 this year. The picture is Aisha giving her Papa a birthday kiss. The love of grandchildren is one major compensation for all the other negatives of aging. We love our children Ryan, Ashley (through marriage), Tyson, and Natalie, and grandchildren Benjamin, Aisha, and Keeley. Amazing things happen when two people fall in love! We had a nice family party; it was great to be able to visit with family. I went to lunch with mom, and we did some shopping. She has her foot surgery on Monday the 6th. Tomorrow I need to buckle down and do homework for my online class. Our friend Duane is coming to stay with us on the 4th, which will be fun. We've enjoyed spending time with him and Rudy (his dog child) at his cabin. We drove up to the top of Sawtelle Peak with him last weekend. It is absolutely beautiful there. Lindsey and Klay came over for some editing advice. I edited a cover letter and resume and then got to hold their little baby Boston Jay--he is almost two weeks--perfect in every way! I got him a little outfit, but he will definitely have to grow to fit into it. They told me he is happy baby, and Avery is not even jealous--yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment