Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Time with Aisha and Ben

One of the best parts about being a teacher is having some time off in the summer. Ashley has had a hurt neck/arm, so I had Benjanin and Aisha come over Monday and Tuesday. We went to McD's and did the Happy Meal routine. Next, we went shopping and bought some new sleepover pajamas. Aisha chose a princess nightgown complete with magic wand; Benjamin picked out some x-box pajamas. He was happy to show them to Tyson, but definitely wanted to take them home today. Aisha said she wanted to leave her attire at "Gamas"--probably because I let her live in it for two days. The last weeks I've changed from Ama to Gama! We read books, watched Disney movies, played crouquet [no RAIN today], built with Legos and did the usual sleepover fun stuff. They are really sweet kids--so happy Neil and I can spend time with them. I gave Keeley loves and fed her a jar of sweet potatoes when we delivered her siblings. I unintentionally decorated her with these also...face, hands etc. She is really growing. Ryan says she has just really started to notice when one of her parents leaves the room--does not make her happy. She has the cutest little baby-doll face. I need to get a current picture and post. Tonight I've worked for four hours on my online class assignments. It's 1:00...time to head to bed and finish in the morning. This homework stuff is not part of summer relaxation, but I am started to feel more confident about facilitating an online class--lots to learn. A power-steering unit broke on our truck, so we are getting it fixed, lawn mowing, grocery shopping, and then heading up to our "pretend cabin" for a few days. Duane called and send he was heading to his "real cabin" today. It will be nice to spend some time visiting with him. Natalie said her neck has been bothering her the last week...when we started this blog we had the shoulder contagion..now it has moved to necks! Hopefully, everyone will get better this week. I know neck pain is NO fun!! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment