Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Farming/Happy Birthday Sandy

The Three Musketeers on a Bench in Stratford
(photo by Kristi)

I'm just a bit early but I wanted to wish Sandy a Happy Birthday. I've always thought it neat that we share April birthdays. I wrote on my birthday blog that my mom went to work when I was just a year old. It is amazing that Sandy as a four-year-old was one of my replacement "moms." She is still one of the most nurturing people I know--to Mr. Wonderful, her kids, grandkids, lonely neighbors, nieces, nephews, dogs, baby birds, premature babies, etc. In a world where many people are only concerned about themselves, she is truly remarkable--happy birthday!!

I also have to tell my Facebook farming story from this week. Kristi sent me a cow, so I put it on a farm and figured out how to plant a couple of potato fields (I am from Idaho!). I did not know they needed to be harvested; many days later I came back to dead plants and a lonely cow. I decided the cow deserved better, so I tried to figure out more on this farming world. Now the place looks a little more respectable. Kristi and I seem to farm at the same time, so its been fun to visit with her. My kids laughed at first but now they are farming too!!! Thanks for all the gifts everyone; my cow is no longer lonely and I have trees.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the birthday greetings. Those of us in the know call this particular picture small medium and LARGE! I would be LARGE BTW! Thanks for sharing. AHHH, what memories. That was some great trip.

    ReplyDelete