Friday, April 10, 2009

Friday YEAH!!!

I turned 50--a half-century last year. Neil and Natalie hosted a nice party for me complete with black balloons and a black cake. This year on Tuesday the 14th of April I will be that age plus one. Growing older is a strange thing--you still feel young but the birthdays just roll on. This is one of my few "baby" pictures. My mom had three children in three years and then went to work a night shift job processing potatoes. I think sleep not pictures became a top priority. I like this picture though because I seem so happy. I really did have a happy childhood. We did not have much money, but we had lots of love. I felt like I had three moms--my mom, my fun Aunt Jimmer, and my grandma "Great." I used to love to play at Ucon. I was an expert fort builder (without nails) and one summer my Aunt Jimmer let me raise a bum lamb named Felice. Ryan is going to have an Easter egg hunt here tomorrow for his kids and their cousins. (His new house is still yard-less.) It made me remember how much dad liked Easter egg hunts. If I remember right, we could even redeem some special eggs for money--nickels, dimes, and quarters.

I am so happy that it is Friday. This has been a long week. I took my car in for an oil change, and it ended up needing a new water pump and seals fixed near the timing chain. Neil is sore from physical therapy, and Natalie has a sore throat. Hopefully, everyone can recuperate over the weekend. I do love spring and the happiness of Easter thinking about the resurrected Christ.

3 comments: